Wednesday, November 16, 2011
Friday, August 19, 2011
2nd grade! Their growth just amazes me. They are such smart, kind children and I feel so blessed every single day to be their mom!
Right after this picture was taken is when the boys refused to hug me outside of the car...
And, the best story of the day came about when I wanted to take this picture of Taryn with her new teacher Mrs. Hauge..
Me: Taryn I want to take your picture with your teacher..
Taryn: Mom!!! You're embarrassing me!!
Me: Just one more picture...
Taryn: Fine..(insert big sigh here)
Me: Say Cheese! (click)
Taryn: Ok Mom, that's enough...you can go now!
I hope everyone had a great start to their school year too!
Tuesday, June 28, 2011
Thursday, May 26, 2011
I am always proud of my children, everyday, but at the end of this school year, I'm going to recognize my Alex. He managed to rack up 5 awards for their end of the school year! He got perfect attendence, participant in Battle of the Books, high Recorder unit scores, A Presidential Academic Achievement award, and the Good Citizenship Award for his 5th grade class. Alex is a sweet, sensitive and caring boy who is going to grow up into a wonderful man someday. He has such a big heart, is so willing to care for others, and has no fear when it comes to people who are different from him. Congrats Alex, you made your family very proud today!!
Friday, May 6, 2011
I'll admit it...I have become totally obsessed with couponing lately. I watched that show Extreme Couponing...and I wondered...how do they do that? So with the help of several blogs, and a book called "How to Shop for Free", I have become a couponer. Granted, I don't ever want to be a hoarder, or EVER have a use for 1000 tubes of toothpaste just because they were free, I am a firm believer in saving a buck. I made my lists, gathered my coupons and set out for the store last night. I WAS AMAZED at how much I saved! I bought 91 items, at a total retail value of $275.56, after coupons and price matching I spent 158.96!!! That's a 44% savings! And this was just my first trip ever doing this!!!! I can think of a lot of things to do with that extra $120 bucks!!!! I know this takes some time to sort and get things ready for a trip to the store, but when you are feeding a family of 6, saving money is a GOOD thing!
This is the kids helping me sort coupons for our trip!
Friday, April 15, 2011
My beautiful daughter will turn 7 years old on Sunday! I'm posting this a little early because we have quite the birthday weekend planned and I'm not sure if I would have any more time to post it! We are starting her birthday celebration with getting her ears pierced tonight! I am a little nervous about how she will handle it, but she's been counting down the days and really wants to go and get it done! Tomorrow, she is having a party at Clara's Closet in Elkhorn, it is a place that does dress-up parties and she went with the fashion show theme. They get their nails and makeup done and then pick out outfits and perform a show! I think I'm looking forward to it as much as she is! Then on Saturday night she is having her best friend Kaelie spend the night for her first sleepover! Then on Sunday we are having the family over for lunch and presents. WHEW!!!! I'm tired just thinking about it....but it will be totally worth it! Here are some tidbits about my daughter right now:
1. She LOVES to read, and is reading at a 4th grade level right now
2. She thinks that life isn't fair since her brothers get to stay up later than her since they are older
3. She hates the rain
4. She has a wonderful flair for the dramatics...(not sure if this is good)
5. She still loves to sit next to people and cuddle, and those moments I still treasure as I know they will become fewer as she gets older
6. She loves to play outside with her brothers and their friends
7. She goes to dance 2 times a week and is the only one in her class that knows the entire dance for her recital and tends to direct while she's there
8. She has the most beautiful hazel eyes just like her daddy
9. She is definitely NOT a morning person
10. She is the smartest, most beautiful, sweetest little girl EVER!!!! (I might be a little biased)
God blessed me with this perfect baby girl and I consider myself so lucky to call her mine!! Happy Birthday Taryn Johanna!!!
Wednesday, April 6, 2011
Wednesday, March 23, 2011
Monday, March 14, 2011
They each had a friend spend the night...it was a lot of fun!
They got a room remodel for their birthday...
The birthday boys....
Wednesday, February 23, 2011
I can't believe that it's my Anniversary again! Every year I right about the greatest things about my husband, it's hard to believe that this year will be 9 years!!! Where does the time go? I also had a good time this year finding all sort of pictures of Dave and I througout the years, they are posted on my facebook so take a look if you get a chance....
The 9 greatest things about Dave....
1. I love how much our sons resemble him in attitude, I will be grateful to have them grow up to be the kind of man Dave is.
2. He goes above and beyond to make sure I feel safe all the time.
3. Watching him sing.
4. The fact that he can understand how I'm feeling just by looking at me.
5. He gives the best hugs!
6. The way he is willing to sacrifice his wants to put ours first.
7. He cooks!!!! (thank goodness, because I really don't)
8. The way he watches the kids when they play ROCKBAND...it's like they are at Madison Square Garden instead of the living room.
9. The fact that he lets me share his life with him!!!!
Tuesday, February 8, 2011
Wednesday, January 12, 2011
P.S. Thanks to my friend Rachael Carlson, I too found a way to add a slideshow to my blog! It sure went faster than uploading the 15 photos I wanted to include! :)