Monday, October 27, 2008

This weekend...

On Saturday night my very best friend Laura came to visit us from Des Moines. Our friends John and Karly came out to the house and we all had some cocktails, played some Wii and had a really good time! On Sunday morning Laura and I got up and went over to my mom's house to pick up Taryn (Laura is her godmother). Taryn was SO excited to see her! It makes me feel good to know my kids love Laura as much as I do! The boys came home later in the afternoon (they had been at their grandparents house since last Thursday), once Ethan found out that Laura was there, I barely got a half-hug before he was hugging Laura. When she left, Ethan cried and he and I laid in my bed for the rest of the evening, watching TV and eating sunflower seeds. It's those special one on one times that I love with my kids. When it's just the two of us, watching Extreme Makeover-Home Edition, and Bettlejuice. Later of course we were watching Iron Chef. Ethan loves to cook, so the food network is one of his favorite channels. With everything that we are going through as a family with Andrew, Dave and I are trying to spend some quality alone time with all the kids. It's really tough to do with our schedules but we are making an effort. We of course are in the midst of Halloween preperations. We will have a princess, an Air Force Pilot, a vampire and one undecided at this point (I know, nothing like waiting until the last minute) I will post pictures of the kids in their costumes next week!

2 comments:

Amy said...

How is Laura doing? What is she up to? Miss both of you and hope we can get together soon!

Kati said...

Laura is doing good! Enjoying school and doing very well! We had a good time just hanging out. We do need to get together soon! You know we are only 40 minutes apart!